Dobble body

For this speaking activity, we will use a variation of a well-known game, "Dobble". With it, our students have no options. If they do not talk, they do not win. Easy peasy!

We can use this file where the cards have already been designed or create new ones with webs like Genially or Canva. 

You can download the resource by clicking on the image.

We will play in three-person teams more or less. In the instructions of the game, it is said you can play with eight players at most. I highly recommend playing with three or four people per team, this will make the game longer.

Dobble is a simple pattern recognition game in which players try to find an image shown on two cards. Each card in this variant of the game has three different symbols, we can add more depending on the age of our students. Any two cards have exactly one symbol in common. Each player starts with only one card, after other card is revealed, then another. Whoever spots the symbol in common on both cards claims the first card, then another card is revealed for players to search, and so on. Whoever has collected the most card when the deck runs out wins!

These are some examples of the cards, each circle is a card: 




As you can see, in these cards are all the body parts we have been working on in the rest of the uploaded activities. As I aforementioned, we can use these, add more symbols, or create new ones depending on the concepts we are working on.


Ottermann, L. (2018, 6 octubre). Grundschulschatztruhe. Recuperado 25 de noviembre de 2020, de https://www.grundschulschatztruhe.de 




Comments

  1. I found your activity quite interesting. It is a dynamic way to teach the parts of the body. I think that children learn better through games.

    The materials can be downloaded easily and the activity can be appropriately adapted for different levels. I´m sure that I will use it in my class.

    Thank you for sharing your ideas! Regards,

    Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, This activity looks very interesting! I think that it´s a dynamic activity to work on the parts of the body. The children feel more motivated if they work the contents through games, add more, you can use it on different levels. I am sure that I will use it in my class. I just see the rest of the activities about parts of the body, and the listening one I have to say that I love it, I think it is interesting to use drawing as a means to improve listening skills.

    Thank you for sharing it! Regards,

    Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sergio:

    Congratulations for your blog. I think it´s very complete. The activities are varieted and perfect for working different skills with children. In addition, they are very good explained and they allow adaptations according on the age of our students.

    "Dobble body" is fantastic to practise human body vocabulary, specially if children have to say out loud the name of the symbol they have found. And I think that the activity "draw on your own" allows children to develop creativity while they are learning English.

    The only thing I don´t like too much is the structure of the blog, I find the post are a litllte crowded when you enter in the main page but, of course, it´s only a personal taste.

    Thank you for the last post where you include a lot of resources. It´s very useful.

    Regards,

    Marta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts